This page is created by a Deaf blogger and is NOT intended to offend Deaf community, Deaf individuals, or anyone else. Any hateful or offensive comments made by individual readers is the sole responsibility of that person. With the exception of news sources (I do not own them), these blog articles are my own opinions and thoughts with which you may disagree. I do remove comments that only contain profanity and insults about me or this page (yeah, it's my blog). If your comment goes unpublished for no other reason, it may be mistakenly filtered as spam. Happy reading!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Is Work From Home Legit?

I came across several sites where many deaf people posted questions about how to find work at home jobs. I understand that most deaf people have difficulty finding a job because many companies are very picky about hiring deaf people or they can't find a job locally. They believed that work from home jobs might be an easier solution for them. Despite the economic crisis and dealing with discrimination, you have to put aside your desperation for work and beware of any work at home scams. It is never easy to get a job to work at home. Never. I'll tell you why.

I used to work at home for some company, but it was actually not the one I applied for on the Internet. I knew someone who knew someone who gave me a job; I was interviewed by them in person. It was all about networking and knowing people.

Keep in mind that any employer would not hire anyone they don't know without actually interviewing them in person first. If they were in another state, they would have no problem to interview you on Skype. The point of the interview is for employers to get to know you up close and personal before they pay you if you're hired.

Some of these jobs in the ads indicate that you can make $18-$32 an hour just to enter data in the computer systems for a company, stuff envelopes or that type of thing. If it sounds too good to be sure, it surely is! It is definitely a scam. The real reason they do this is because they are trying to get your bank account information that they will claim to use to pay you. Another reason is that they also will ask you to pay them upfront in order to work for them!

Anytime they ask you to give your personal information such as bank account number, social security number, or even your birth date, it is a scam. If it was a job that you are really interested, simply ask them to send you a check via mail. If they said no, then run for hills! Even if it's for tax purposes, I really wouldn't recommend you give your personal information to any company you don't know. If it sounds legit, investigate it or contact the better business bureau. Sometimes, it's better to be safe than sorry.

In case you probably haven't noticed, most legitimate work at home jobs usually are Customer Service Representatives, but they require you to speak on the telephone with customers. A few of them that don't require talking on the phone involves checking background, screening, filling out tax paperwork, and/or interviewing process. Unfortunately, these types of jobs are very competitive. 

There's no easy way to make money by just doing little things. Any real job would require a lot of hard work to actually make some money. That's the way the life is.
  
Thanks for the reading! https://www.facebook.com/DeafUnemployment

https://deafcantgetjobs.blogspot.com 

18 comments:

  1. Oh yes... these are very important and helpful advice. Do not fall for anything that seems "too good to be true"!

    In the past, I went to a temp agency and I obtained a few assignments until I was offered a permanent job. This was a nice way for both parties (me and the company) to "check each other" out - for the company to see if they liked me, and for me to see if this is a company I felt comfortable working for. A temp assignment is good exposure for a hearing company to learn that Deaf workers are excellent, and this also is a great addition to a resume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think temp agency is an excellent choice for those who need to enhance their skills and experience. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a decent income with this, its not alot but it pays the bills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a lot, especially with an online job. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Yes the mailing at home job is one example like you say scam. Here in the UK some many years ago, I looked into a job like that I seen advertised at my local post office. I wrote to enquire, which I think if I remembered right I had to provide a stamp or stamped address envelope to send me further info. When I got that info and read it, I threw it away. I had to pay to start myself off. To me, that was self employment, not them paying me as impression given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, that's a good lesson we all can learn.

      Delete
  5. The Internet consists of several legitimate work from home sites. The question really is how badly do you want to work? The ideal scenario for most graduates is to make money without trying too hard.home based business

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are legitimate work from home websites, but they won't provide you "get rich quick" solutions or regular incomes like real jobs. If you were referring to starting a website business, it's basically like a brick and mortar business; only the difference is a small cost for home-based website businesses. That's something I will talk about in the next blog article.

      Delete
  6. Hi, thanks for your suggestion. It is helpful to me and I also share this post on mt twitter. I have also i website that pay for part time job from home ejobsjunction.com . I hope it will helpful for everybody who are seeking for job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear,

    You offered useful points and tips.
    I appreciate your posts with valuable information.
    Thank you for sharing your fantastic blog. Long live your blog and keep rocking. I only prefer to search for legitimate jobs and odesk.com is good for freelance work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They believed that work from home jobs might be an easier solution for them. Despite the economic crisis and dealing with tonys blog discrimination, you have to put aside your desperation for work and beware of any work at home scams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have readed this post. I want to try to get my job. I can't search for the company. I'm deaf. Please help me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this post. I can't search for the company. I want to work at home. I'm deaf. I'm philippines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most companies, nowadays, outsource jobs to reduce project overheads. So a job seeker can easily earn steady income through the work at home jobs. But one must identify and avoid the work from home job scams to find legitimate home-based employment options.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a working from home mother for two years now and I never had a problem. All I can say is ask from a friend or anyone who knows a legit online job and you can start from there like what I did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot get income. I have no more money. I am unemployment problems. What cannot i get job online>
    Regards,
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot worked. I am household. I cannot get income. I have no more money.
    I am unemployment problems. What cannot i job online?
    Regards,
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  15. Expert-Arena is the website for all kinds of online jobs for work at home. Post your skills, select your clients, do the job and make money online .

    ReplyDelete