This page is created by a Deaf blogger and is NOT intended to offend Deaf community, Deaf individuals, or anyone else. Any hateful or offensive comments made by individual readers is the sole responsibility of that person. With the exception of news sources (I do not own them), these blog articles are my own opinions and thoughts with which you may disagree. I do remove comments that only contain profanity and insults about me or this page (yeah, it's my blog). If your comment goes unpublished for no other reason, it may be mistakenly filtered as spam. Happy reading!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Feeling like trapped in a situation you can't get out of?

Have you lost two or three jobs in the same year and felt that your deafness may have something to do with it? Are you stuck in a place where you don't know how to escape from? Do you feel like your career life is a dead-end? Do you want a new change but don't know what it is?

If you answer "yes" to one or more of the following questions, then you aren't sure what you really want to do with your life.

You shouldn't be asking somebody, "What do you think I should do?". You should be asking yourself, "What do I really love to do?". It's not for anyone to decide what you need to be or what kind of job is good for you. A true desire should come from your heart.  As you know yourself very well, you're the one that needs to choose a path that fits you well.

Get out of the house, walk along the beach if you have one, or sit on the park bench. Close your eyes and try to imagine yourself in any place that you wish you were in. Maybe, the bulb light will go off at the top of your head. You'll probably have an idea of what you could be.

If you want to make yourself feel better, get a notebook and write out your thoughts and emotions. I think it's the best way to express your deepest feelings about your general life like strangers, career, and/or the people you love.

Find a hobby: ride a bike; hike; swim; dive; paint; draw; or whatever you like to do. Life is short. Don't let your life get wasted by being miserable about not finding a job.

I know life is hard, but oh, well, that's life.

More posts will be coming soon. Stay tuned!

https://facebook.com/deafpeoplecantgetjobs
https://deafcantgetjobs.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I recall doing 8 jobs in one year, via a search to fit my qualifications, half I left myself because I was isolated by default and the nature of the work offered. Employers assumed we wanted to be/work alone ! Some because it was so mind-numbing and boring and below my capabilities. Most deaf do part time or menial work, it discourages many from pursuing further education because they feel whatever they learn they will be sweeping floors anyway. The jobs we want and the jobs we might get offered are never in sync. deaf need to understand few if anyone does the job they love doing or want, the state doesn't recognise any of that, you must take what there is, only millionaires can be choosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! I went to 5 different Colleges and have several degrees business office work and in MS Office programs. Most of my jobs were menial work. Just got laid off. Now I will work at other menial job at very low wages. Like you said, I learned in Colleges and end up in "sweeping" the floors and still is. I change my attitude by thinking I work for benefits. Benefits are expensive nowadays. I need benefits like health insurance, etc. It hardly can pays anything.

      Delete